What is another name for a beekeeper?


A beekeeper is also known as an apiarist. In addition to providing a home for a colony of bees and collecting honey, an apiarist maintains the bees' health and productivity, feeding and treating the hive when problems arise.

Though some keep bees as a hobby, many professional apiarists work with commercial farmers. Their responsibilities may include the oversight of large-scale hives that provide honey and related products, such as beeswax and royal jelly. These professional apiarists also may provide a seasonal pollination service, through which they supply bees to farmers who grow vegetables and fruits that must be pollinated to produce a crop.

Q&A Related to "What is another name for a beekeeper?"
An apiarist.
The technical name for beekeeping is apiculture, based on the word "apis"
Many species of Eucalyptus are known by the common name "gum tree" or simply "gum. The moniker references the sap the trees exude and is included in the well-known
About -  Privacy -  Your Cookie Choices  -  Careers -  About P.G. Wodehouse -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 IAC Search & Media